Information for New Undergraduate Students
General Provides degree options, student/faculty interaction, and program descriptions.
Math Careers Very few people seem to know the type of work mathematicians do in government and industry, and thus most people do not realize that mathematicians have wide employment opportunities beyond teaching. In fact, at Virginia Tech, about 70% of the mathematics graduates go into government or industry, whereas the remaining 30% are evenly split between graduate school and teaching.
Computer Info Computer requirements for incoming students.
Readiness Test Describes Calculus Readiness Test and provides some examples. There are several gateways for a student to become eligible to enroll in Math 1225.
Registration Registration Flow Charts.