iPhone setup for Math email
So far I have only been able to get email properly working on the iPhone native mail client. In theory the calendar, task list, and contacts should also work, but no success with them yet.
- Run the Settings app. Scroll down a bit and select Mail, Contacts, Calenders.
- At the bottom of the Accounts section select Add Account...
- On the Add Account... screen, scroll to the bottom and select Other.
- In the Mail section at the top, select Add Mail Account.
- On the next screen enter in your name, Email address, Math password, and a nice description. Click Next button at the top.
- It should detect an IMAP account.
- Scroll down to Incoming Mail Server section and fill out imap.math.vt.edu for Host Name, your Math PID for User Name, and your Math password for Password.
- Scroll down to Outgoing Mail Server section and fill out smtp.math.vt.edu for Host Name, your Math PID for User Name, and your Math password for Password. Click the Next button at the top.
- It should then try to verify the account. This may fail due to the SSL certificate. Click on More Details and examine them to make sure of no nasty surprises. You can then click Accept button at the top.
- Finally you can click the Save button at the top of the next screen.
- In the Setttings app under Mail, Contacts, Calenders find the account and select it.
- Click on the Account button under Imap.
- On the Account screen, scroll to the bottom and click on Advanced.
- Under Mailbox Behaviors, select each mailbox. You will see the mailbox under On My iPhone is checked by default.
- You want to select the appropriate mailbox under On the Server by clicking on them. The check should appear on the On the Server mailbox. Then click the Advanced button on the top to go back to the previous screen. Do the same for all three mailboxes.
- When done click the Account then Done buttons to save your changes.
You will need to make sure that the mailboxes used for Drafts, Sent, and Deleted are located on the server and not your iPhone. However, you will need to check your email first using the phone app or your Inbox will not show the Drafts, Sent, and Deleted submailboxes.