Publications of Yuriko Renardy
1. D. D.
and Y. Renardy, 1993,
Fundamentals of Two-Fluid Dynamics. Part 1:
Mathematical Theory and Applications, Springer
Verlag New York, Interdisciplinary Applied Mathematics Series vol. 3.
2. D. D. Joseph and Y. Renardy, 1993, Fundamentals
of Two-Fluid Dynamics. Part 2:
Lubricated Transport, Drops and Miscible Liquids, Springer
Verlag New York, Interdisciplinary Applied Mathematics Series vol. 4.
1. Y. Y. Renardy, A. V. Coward, D. Papageorgiou, S. M. Sun,
Advances in Multi-Fluid Flows, Society for Industrial and Applied
Mathematics Proceedings in Applied Mathematics 86. ISBN 0-89871-377-3.
119. R. Cardinaels, S. Afkhami, Y. Renardy, P. Moldenaers 2011, An
experimental and numerical investigation of the
dynamics of microconfined droplets in systems with one viscoelastic phase, J. Non-Newtonian Fluid Mech. 166, 52-62.
120. Pengtao Yue, Shernita Lee, Shahriar Afkhami, Yuriko Renardy, 2012,
On the motion of superparamagnetic particles in magnetic drug targeting,
Acta Mechanica 223(3), 505-527.
121. S. Afkhami, A. M. Leshansky, Y. Renardy, 2011, Numerical
simulations of elongated drops in a microfluidic T-junction. Phys. Fluids. 23, 022002-1 -- 022002-14.
Selected for the February 14, 2011 issue of Virtual
Journal of Nanoscale Science & Technology. Placed in Top 20 Most Downloaded Articles for Physics of Fluids, February, March, May
and June, 2011.
122. K. L. Maki, Y. Renardy, 2012, The dynamics of a viscoelastic fluid which
displays thixotopic yield stress behavior. J. Non-Newtonian Fluid Mech. v 181-182, pp 30-50.
123. M. Renardy, Y. Renardy, 2013, ,On the stability of inviscid parallel shear flows with
a free surface. Journal of Mathematical Fluid Mechanics 15(1), 129-137.
124. Pengtao Yue and Yuriko Renardy, 2013, Spontaneous penetration of
a non-wetting drop into an exposed pore.
Phys. Fluids 25, 052104 (19 pages).
125. S. Afkhami and Y. Renardy, 2013, A
volume-of-fluid formulation for the study of co-flowing fluids
governed by the Hele-Shaw equations. Phys.
Fluids, 13 Aug 2013, vol. 25 (8), pp 082001 (19 pages).
126. Y. Renardy and H. V. Grant, 2013. Uniaxial extensional flow of a
thixotropic yield stress fluid: a viscoelastic model. Rheol. Acta,
DOI 10.1007/s00397-013-0726-2 online August 2013, Volume 52, Issue 10
(2013), Page 867-879.
127. H. V. Grant and Y. Renardy, 2015. Equibiaxial extension of a
viscoelastic partially extending strand convection model with large relaxation
time. Rheol. Acta. June 2015, Volume 54, Issue 6, pp 563-579.
128. M. Renardy and Y. Renardy, 2016. Thixotropy in yield stress
fluids as a limit of viscoelasticity. IMA J. Applied Mathematics 81,
pp 1-16. doi:10.1093/imamat/hxw031
129. Y. Renardy and H. V. Grant, 2016. Stretch and hold: the dynamics
of a filament governed by a viscoelastic constitutive
model with thixotropic yield stress behavior. Phys. Fluids. Vol.
28(5), May 2016. 053104; http://dx.doi.org/10.1063/1.4948661
Correction to figure 6(a) is given in Phys.
130. Y. Renardy and M. Renardy, 2017, Stability of shear banded flow
for a viscoelastic constitutive model with thixotropic yield stress
behavior. J. Non-Newtonian Fluid Mech. Volume 244,
June 2017, Pages 57 - 74.
131. S. Afkhami and Y. Renardy, 2017, Ferrofluids and
guided superparamagnetic particles in flows: a review of simulations and
modeling. J. Eng. Math. 107(1),231-251. DOI 10.1007/s10665-017-9931-9.
132. Y. Renardy and M. Renardy, 2017, A singular perturbation study
of the Rolie-Poly model. In revision. J.
Non-Newtonian Fluid Mech.
Return to Yuriko Renardy's research
Revision Date: May 8 2017