Virginia Tech Regional Mathematics Contest
From 9:00a.m. to 11:30a.m., October 27, 2018
(Provided by supervisor)
Name (Last, First, Middle Initial):
Major and Year of Graduation:
one of the following:
I am a regularly enrolled college or university undergraduate.
I am a high school student enrolled in a college or university
Instructions (Read Carefully!)
- Do not use calculators or tables.
- Use separate sheets of paper for each
problem. This is very important, since each grader will grade only
- Write your Registration Number (the four
character word shown above) in the
upper right corner of each sheet. This must be
legible in order for you to receive credit! Do not
put your name or the name of your institute on your work.
- Write the problem number clearly in the upper
left corner of each sheet. Mark out all work that you do not wish
- Each problem is graded on a basis of zero to ten points.
Partial credit will be given for significant progress toward a
- Show all steps necessary to justify an answer or
complete a proof.
- At the end of the contest, give this sheet and all your
work that you wish graded to your contest supervisor (keep the
- Staple sheets from the same problem, but please do not staple
sheets from separate problems (so if you use only one sheet for each
problem, there should be no stapling).
Remember! Place your Registration and Problem Number
on Each Sheet. Keep the registration number and password
(case sensitive) if you want to access your score off the WEB.