I am an assistant professor in the Department of Mathematics and the Computational Modeling and Data Analytics Division, Academy of Integrated Science, Virginia Tech.
My research interests include numerical methods and software for computing solutions to large-scale inverse problems, such as those that arise in imaging applications.
News and Highlights:
- PhD student J. Tanner Slagel (co-advised with Matthias Chung) was featured on SAMSI's Blog
- Thanks to NSF for early support to create an NSF Industry/University Cooperate Research Center with Colorado School of Mines: see VT news
- Recent audio recording from the 2017 SIAM Computational Science and Engineering Conference
- Recently submitted paper:
- Recently accepted papers:
- Julianne Chung and Matthias Chung. "Optimal Regularized Inverse Matrices for Inverse Problems." Accepted to SIAM Journal on Matrix Analysis and Applications, 2017. arXiv:1603.05867
- Julianne Chung and Linh Nguyen. "Motion Estimation and Correction in Photoacoustic Tomographic Reconstruction." Accepted to SIAM Journal on Imaging Science, 2016. arXiv:1609.08529
- Julianne Chung and Arvind Saibaba. "Generalized Hybrid Iterative Methods for Large-scale Bayesian Inverse Problems." Accepted to SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing, 2016. arXiv:1607.03943
- Julianne Chung and Malena Espanol. "Learning Regularization Parameters for General-Form Tikhonov." Accepted to Inverse Problems, 2016. arXiv:1407.1911
- Hodjat Pendar, John Socha, and Julianne Chung. "Recovering signals in physiological systems with large datasets." Biology Open 5 (2016), 1163-1174.
- Julianne Chung and Lars Ruthotto. "Computational Methods for Image Reconstruction." Invited review paper to NMR in Biomedicine Special Issue: MRI Phase Contrast and Quantitative Susceptibility Mapping, 2016.
Honors and Awards: