Welcome to my website.
I am an assistant professor in the Department of Mathematics at Virginia Tech.
My research interests include numerical methods and software for computing solutions to inverse problems that arise in imaging applications.
News and Highlights:
- Listen to audio recordings from my minisymposia at the 2015 SIAM Applied Linear Algebra Meeting. Thanks to all my co-organizers and to all the speakers!
- Recent Advances in Numerical Linear Algebra for Inverse Problems Part I
- Recent Advances in Numerical Linear Algebra for Inverse Problems Part II
- A Celebration in Honor of Dianne P. O'Leary on the Occasion of her Retirement Part I
- A Celebration in Honor of Dianne P. O'Leary on the Occasion of her Retirement Part II
- A direct link to my talk: A Hybrid LSMR Algorithm for Large-Scale Tikhonov Regularization
- I was a guest lecturer at the IMA New Directions Short Course: Introduction to Uncertainty Quantification, June 15-26, 2015
- Listen to audio recordings from my minisymposium on Computational Methods for Inverse Problems in Imaging at the 2014 SIAM Annual Meeting. Thanks to all the speakers and to the SIAM Activity Group on Linear Algebra for sponsoring the session.
- A direct link to my talk: Optimal Regularization Parameter for General-form Tikhonov Regularization
- I received the 2010 Department of Energy Frederick A. Howes Scholar in Computational Science Award
- I received a National Science Foundation Mathematical Sciences Postdoctoral Research Fellowship
- I was a Department of Energy Computational Science Graduate Fellow
- My research was featured
- I was a finalist for the CSE 2009 BGCE student paper competition, see the article in SIAM News
- Job Searching Tips for graduate students and recent graduates