Welcome to my website.
I am an assistant professor in the Department of Mathematics at Virginia Tech.
My research interests include numerical methods and software for computing solutions to inverse problems that arise in imaging applications.
News and Highlights:
- Check out my recently accepted papers:
- Julianne Chung and Linh Nguyen. "Motion Estimation and Correction in Photoacoustic Tomographic Reconstruction." Accepted to SIAM Journal on Imaging Science, 2016. arXiv:1609.08529
- Julianne Chung and Arvind Saibaba. "Generalized Hybrid Iterative Methods for Large-scale Bayesian Inverse Problems." Accepted to SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing, 2016. arXiv:1607.03943
- Julianne Chung and Malena Espanol. "Learning Regularization Parameters for General-Form Tikhonov." Accepted to Inverse Problems, 2016. arXiv:1017050
- Hodjat Pendar, John Socha, and Julianne Chung. "Recovering signals in physiological systems with large datasets." Biology Open 5 (2016), 1163-1174.
- Julianne Chung and Lars Ruthotto. "Computational Methods for Image Reconstruction." Invited review paper to NMR in Biomedicine Special Issue: MRI Phase Contrast and Quantitative Susceptibility Mapping, 2016.
- I received the 2010 Department of Energy Frederick A. Howes Scholar in Computational Science Award
- I received a National Science Foundation Mathematical Sciences Postdoctoral Research Fellowship
- I was a Department of Energy Computational Science Graduate Fellow
- My research was featured
- I was a finalist for the CSE 2009 BGCE student paper competition, see the article in SIAM News
- Job Searching Tips for graduate students and recent graduates