Dr. Xiaofeng Chen (Ricky X. F. Chen)
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 245-10D Biocomplexity Institute
- Virginia Tech, 1015 Life Science Circle
- Blacksburg, VA 24061
Greetings! I received my Ph.D. at Virginia Tech, under the supervision of Prof. Christian Reidys. I also worked for Huawei Technologies for more than 5 years after I acquired my master's degree from Nankai University. I have a relatively wide interest regarding research. In particular, I am interested in Graph Theory and Combinatorics, Discrete Dynamical Systems, and their applications in Bioinformatics and Complex Networks, Information Theory and Wireless Communication. My Publications: Publications（论文，专利，著作） 中文: 中文
Research and Working Experiences
- 05/2015--05/2017, Research Assisstant, Biocomplexity Institute, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA, USA.
- 09/2013--05/2015, PhD Fellow, Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Southern Denmark, Odense, Denmark.
- 09/2011--07/2013, Wireless Research Engineer, Chengdu Research Institute, Huawei Tech. Co., Ltd., Chengdu, P.R. China.
- 06/2008--08/2011, Wireless Research Engineer, Beijing Research Institute, Huawei Tech. Co., Ltd., Beijing, P.R. China.
Books and Chapters
- Xiaofeng Chen, “New Insight into Communication---from theory to practice”, China Machine Press, Beijing, 2013.4 (now in its 3rd reprints). （In Chinese: 陈小锋，“通信新读-从原理到应用”，机械工业出版社，北京，2013.4）
- M. Fu, et al., the Chinese translation of the book “Enumerative Combinatorics, vol. 1” by Richard P. Stanley, Higher Education Press, 2009.6. I did translation of some sections in Chapter 4 in the book.
- Doctoral Dissertation: Plane Permutations and Their Applications to Graph Embeddings and Genome Rearrangements, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, USA.
- Ricky X. F. Chen (with C. Reidys), Linear sequential dynamical systems, incidence algebras, and Mobius functions, Linear Algebra and its Applications, accepted.
- Ricky X. F. Chen (with C. Reidys), Plane permutations and applications to a result of Zagier-Stanley and distances of permutations, SIAM Journal on Discrete Mathematics 30(3) (2016), pp.1660-1684.
- Ricky X. F. Chen (with C. Reidys), On the local genus distribution of graph embeddings, Journal of Combinatorial Mathematics and Combinatorial Computing 101 (2017), pp.157-173.
- Ricky X. F. Chen, A refinement of the formula for k-ary trees and Gould-Vandermonde's convolution, Electronic Journal of Combinatorics 15(1) (2008) #R52.
Teaching ExperiencesDepartment of Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Southern Denmark, Odense, Denmark
- Measure, Integration Theory (and Banach Spaces), 2015 Spring.
- Measure and Integration Theory, 2014 Fall.
- Calculus, 2014 Spring.
- Advanced Mathematics, 2006 Fall.
- Reviewer, AMS Mathematical Reviews/MathSciNet, 2016--present
- Referee for journals: Advances in Difference Equations, Bollettino dell'Unione Matematica Italiana
Honors and Awards
- Annual Excellent Employee of Chengdu Divison of Wirelss R&D, Huawei, China, 2012
- The Best Thesis for Master's Degree of Year 2008, Nankai University, China, 2008
- National Encouragement Scholarship, Chinese Government, 2003
last updated: March 27th, 2017