International Master's Program
Our International Masters Program provides an opportunity for foreign students to:
- Spend a year in the United States.
- Earn a master's degree from Virginia Tech.
- Become acquainted with the research of our faculty. Areas of focus include Algebra, Applied Partial Differential Equations, Control Theory and Numerical Analysis. The following is a list of some web pages for research groups in the department. Further information is provided on individual faculty web pages:
- Build a teaching record in an American university. Over the past years, such a teaching record has become an important consideration for faculty or postdoctoral positions in the United States.
- Applicants will go through the regular admissions process for graduate students and fulfill the same degree requirements. See the brochure for general information on applications, degrees and courses. Visit the Graduate School web site for application forms.
- A masters degree in Mathematics requires 30 credit hours of course work. Up to 50% of the course credits at the 5000 level can be transferred from your home institution. A typical program of study would involve a total of six three hour courses taken during the fall and spring semester and possibly the first summer session.
- Participants will receive teacher training and be assigned to non-classroom duties during their first semester. Subject to satisfactory completion of teacher training, they will teach their own course in the second semester and, if applicable, during the summer session.