To enter data in a cell, simply click on the cell and type. When finished with
a cell, you can press ENTER on the keyboard. Here are a few other useful things
to know about entering data:
- Moving Around
- You can also press an arrow key (up, down, right, or left) to finish
entering data in a cell. This will automatically take you to the next
cell in that direction.
- The TAB key also works; it takes you to the right.
- On the Macintosh keyboard, the RETURN key works like ENTER but takes
you to the next cell below.
- Special Cells
- Formula cells always start with an equals sign: =
- You can force a cell to be treated as text by starting the cell with
a single quote: '
This is useful if you need cell starting with a number to be treated as
Return to Excel Guide