TAKING A SCREENSHOT
If you want to notify your instructor
about a specific quiz problem, it is best to take a "picture" and attach it to an e-mail message.
Here's how to take a screenshot.
If you are working on a MAC...
- Hold down the three keys apple-shift-4 on the keyboard. The pointer will turn into a cross-hair.
- Drag over the region you wish to capture and release. This creates an image file on the desktop.
Note: Be sure to include the entire window in your picture so that your instructor can identify your problem.
- Send an e-mail message to your instructor. Describe the problem and attach the image file to the message.
If you are working on a PC...
- Click somewhere on the window you wish to capture to be sure it is the active window.
- Press the two keys Alt and PrintScreen(PrtScn) on the keyboard at the same time. This creates a picture of the active window and copies it to the clipboard.
- Open a new Word document and choose Paste under Edit to paste your picture into the document.
- Save the Word document as question.doc
Note: Be sure to use the .doc extension, not .docx
- Send an e-mail message to your instructor. Describe the problem and attach the Word file to the message.